Thursday, February 02, 2006

Operating Assumptions - Help Me Write My Life

I am dealing with some stuff on a very subterranean level - just what is the story of my life. What have I become as a result of the past? Who am I? What are the values I'd die for? How has God fashioned me so that He can use me in the building of His Kingdom? I am trying to write this stuff down.

Today I have sought to write the Operating Assumptions of my life as a follower of Christ. They are below. I wonder about the following question in light of them: IF EVERYONE HAD THESE VERY SAME ASSUMPTIONS, WOULD THE CHURCH BE HEALTHY AND WOULD GOD'S KINGDOM BE BUILT? I need you to help me EDIT these Assumptions. By EDIT, I mean more than feedback - look for what's not there as it relates to me and my life. Help me as my community to ask: Where is my journey taking me?

I want so much to help build God's Kingdom by assisting in making His Bride, the church, stronger. I am starting by writing stuff down that is in me.

Will you please take time to read, re-read, read between the lines of the following as a way to see what God is up to and where He is taking me?

I know it will be risky - but any comments, questions, remarks, anything that comes from your heart... I'd love to hear it. You can write me back or we can talk in person. And , THANKS.

OPERATING ASSUMPTIONS

ABIDING IN CHRIST
Being with Jesus is the First Thing.
Being with Jesus allows us to hear His voice.
His Voice speaks of His love for us.
His Voice tells us we are accepted by Him.
His Love motivates our life of Service.
Service is imitating the life of Jesus.
Being with Jesus is a hedge against sin and idolatry.
God’s Word, Prayer and the Disciplines (positioning ourselves for God to work) are vital for Abiding in Christ.

COMMUNITY
Community is deep life-sharing. It is Relationship.
Community is the essence of the Church.
In Community we become like Christ (Spiritual Transformation).
Community is imitating the life of Jesus with our friends.
We see and experience Jesus in Community.
Community is costly in nature and is not without risk.
Community builds Intimacy.
Community is the first place life change occurs – it is where we “practice” our faith.
Community is the fabric on which our life of Service is sewn.
Community is the “staging area” for Service.
Community is both intentional and organic. It cannot be forced.

WORSHIP
Worship is the expression of the “Worthiness” of God.
Worship is both an individual as well as a corporate discipline.
Worship increases our Faith and motivates our Service.

No comments: